Very refined, excellent performance, beautiful, pure, full of important changes and improvements comes Italian Sabayon 5.3, this new version will catch you with their fresh, new applications and features: XBMC, KDE 4.4, GNOME 2.28, Kernel 2/6/1934, and more.
- Based on new GCC 4.4 and Glibc 2.10
- Shipped with Desktop-optimized Linux kernel 2.6.34
- Providing extra-optimized Server OpenVZ-enabled kernel and in repositories
- Installable in 10 minutes
- Fast boot time and lightweight system default
- Ext4 filesystem as default
- Official Btrfs filesystem support
- Encrypted filesystem support
- Featuring X. Org 7.5 and up-to-date Open Source, NVIDIA, AMD video drivers
- Containing GNOME 2.28 (with GNOME Shell!) And KDE 4.4.3
- Outstanding 3D Desktop applications (Compiz, KWin and Compiz Fusion) working out of the box
- Bringing Entropy Framework (Package Manager) 0.99.46.9
- Shipped with OpenOffice 3.2 Productivity Suite, Multimedia Applications
- Sabayon Transform Into an full-featured Operating System HTPC (Media Center) using XBMC
- Shipped with World of Goo Demo - best 2D game ever!
- Skin Sexiest ever! (Light blueeee!)
- Try it out from Windows, just kick the DVD in and use Sabayon via QEMU virtualization!
- Ready for Sabayon 6 (someday!)
- I686-compatible processor (Intel Pentium II / III, Celeron, AMD Athlon)
- 512Mb RAM (GNOME) - 768MB RAM (KDE)
- 8 GB hard disk space
- A 2D video card GPUs
- DVD player
- Dual Core processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or better, AMD Athlon 64 X2)
- 1024Mb RAM
- 15 GB hard disk space
- A 3D video card GPU (Intel, AMD, NVIDIA) (esp. for XBMC)
Sabayon Linux is a distribution that NSF need not install anything else, because everything is.