Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mozilla Firefox 8: how to enable WebGL on Ubuntu


After you install 8 Firefox, I set out to WebGL also enable the eighth version of the Mozilla browser. The first thing I tried to do was to install the library libosmesa6 with the following command:
sudo apt-get install libosmesa6
I followed the instructions on opening a new tab in Firefox 8, inserted as an address about:config I tried the line and webgl.osmesalib where I set the value /usr/lib/libOSMesa.so.6. But unfortunately it did not work. Convinced that the solution was at hand, however, I tried the string "WebGL"Simply in the search bar about:config and I noticed an option:
webgl.force-enable
set to default False.


For WebGL working properly, I simply set the value to True and restart the browser and everything started to work perfectly! From the image above you can see the settings and modifications that I made dedicated! Enjoy WebGL in Firefox 8.
If this article was useful and you want to help us to grow Subscribing to our feed or Click "Like" in our Facebook page ,or follow us via Twitter or subscribing to our feed.

People who read this post also read :



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More