About Me

header ads

Mozilla Firefox 8: how to enable WebGL on Ubuntu


After you install 8 Firefox, I set out to WebGL also enable the eighth version of the Mozilla browser. The first thing I tried to do was to install the library libosmesa6 with the following command:
sudo apt-get install libosmesa6
I followed the instructions on opening a new tab in Firefox 8, inserted as an address about:config I tried the line and webgl.osmesalib where I set the value /usr/lib/libOSMesa.so.6. But unfortunately it did not work. Convinced that the solution was at hand, however, I tried the string "WebGL"Simply in the search bar about:config and I noticed an option:
webgl.force-enable
set to default False.


For WebGL working properly, I simply set the value to True and restart the browser and everything started to work perfectly! From the image above you can see the settings and modifications that I made dedicated! Enjoy WebGL in Firefox 8.

Post a Comment

0 Comments