Had to spend just over a month since the launch of Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat to display one of its most popular forks, and probably one of the best distributions available today. This is Linux Mint 10 'Julia', which is now available for download.
As noted by its developers in the official announcement, there are many visual improvements in the interface:
- Welcome Screen: codec installation and upgrade to the DVD edition from that screen.
- Menu: highlighting newly installed applications, you can find and install new tools from the repositories, we have included more search engines and bookmarks there is support for GTK and GTK themes.
- Manager software: they have created application icons and a better ranking.
- Update Manager: it is possible to ignore the updates, and now shows the size of downloads.
- Increases Manager: Shown on the interface speed and estimated time to complete the upload of files, and also provide evidence of connection and the possibility of canceling those increases or run in the background.
- New design: after using 3 versions of Shiki dark green color, this time have decided to go back to a traditional theme with a font slightly dark, but also metallic finishes have been added for various elements.
- Improvements in the system: they have integrated elements such as Adobe Flash, Oracle Virtualbox, comfortable use of repositories verified signature (warnings no longer appear, but questions to validate), the use of meta-packages like "mint-meta- codecs" and an adjustment system compatible with LSB.
Now you can download Linux Mint 10 from the official website or directly with the following download links: