Thunderbird is a mail client that makes Mozilla, with a simple interface and clear. This version was 5 and have skipped the 4 to go in accordance with versions of Firefox.
- Thunderbird uses the new rendering engine Gecko 5
- It improves the speed and performance, to initiate and/or close Thunderbird.
- New Addons Manager (Manager extensions and themes).
- It improves the Account Creation Wizard.
- The tabs can be reordered and dragging in different windows.
- The size of attachments, can be seen in the composition window.
- New information page (about:support) to diagnose problems and help.
- Plugins can be used with the default feed.
- Various fixes and improvements in the user interface for Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Use Universal Mac builds 32/64 bit (no PowerPC support).
- More than 390 corrections of other errors (bugs) to improve the speed, performance, stability and security.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/thunderbird-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install thunderbird thunderbird-globalmenu thunderbird-locale-en