It seems to be "counter-current" because Unity is the default interface in Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal, but many users do not like and are ....
Ubuntu 11.04 not bring, at least until the release of latest beta- No tool to configure settings in Unity installed by default. However,....
I recently came out of KDE SC 4.5 version with these developments: Major changes in notification area. Monochromatic icons are now used to ....
In a decision that will alter plans of more than a distribution based on this desktop, GNOME developers announced under its current GUAD....
In most Linux distros, our bootloader is GRUB, which only shows letters of operating system with which we go up, BURG this change. BURG is....
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
All applications are going to show them Ubuntu repositories and can be installed with "sudo apt-get install". And if they use arch can install yaourt.
Of all probe is fastest start. It is programmed in Python and has no dependencies on Gnome so can be used very well in any environment. Is very fast but is still in development phase. And as you say on homepage. There are players that do everything, even coffee, bluemindo plays music, that's all.
IF you want a player that consumes little to work fast and that also has many extensions to play then this is your browser. The interface is simple and friendly. And Twitter can do things like issues that are listening. Last.fm support and more things that you should discover.
One of best known. Very light and with many features. Lyrics support, podcast, last.fm, covers and more.
The favorite of those who come from mocosoft windows because it is just like winamp. Supports skins. It is based on GTK2. Audacious is very mature and supports many audio formats. Audacious is a fork of BMP which itself was a fork of XMMS known that increasingly losing ground.
In all, most simple, does nothing more than play music and has no other functionality, no cover art, or lyrics, or last.fm ... nothing! One just selects items that will reproduce and reproduce. And obviously stands out by its most extreme lightness.
Allow import an arbitrary session to a recording project.
Always allow manual selection of recording speed.
Support files larger than 4 GB with mkisofs 2.01.01a32.
Support for Blu-rays writing with cdrecord.
The way to get K3b 2.0 was longer than many had expected, even in spite of having support of large and Mandriva since last year. Few will doubt now that wait was worth it.
Download: K3b 2.0 (Sources)
On other hand, Mandriva has lost one of its developers Kernel: Terje Pascal, who worked at that company for almost six years, decided at time that rumors about future of Mandriva had reached a new fund, offering to accept a long Google working. Terje will serve as a "reliabilty Site Engineer" in Google offices in London from next September 6. "Other developers will continue exodus?
Changelog for Opera 10.60 RC1
- CORE-30 464 (Canvas 2D context's font attribute crashes browser)
- DSK-303 163 (Plugin related crash)
- CORE-30 228 (Crash at kinosiska.si)
- DSK-303 725 (Speed Dial search provider Disabling Is Not Remembered)
- CORE-30 764 (Freeze at wordofo.com)
- CORE-30 034 (Web Storage crash)
- DSK-302 725 (A Document Server breaks with incorrect MIME Multistyle / font switch-writing system)
- DSK-300 238 (Files with non-ascii characters in path do not open When Opera Is Already Running)
- DSK-304 037 (Opera does Not run Unix with GTK newest version)
- DSK-304 033 (Improve default selection of CJK fonts)
- DSK-197 656 (Middle-click in empty window does go to URL on clipboard)
Monday, June 28, 2010
- sudo chmod +x wine_colors_from_gtk.py
- sudo ./wine_colors_from_gtk.py
- New Tray and notification system
- System Configurations
- New KWIN effect: Blur
- New effect KWIN
Well these are just some highlights from KDE SC 4.5. Other news that I come to mind are: new Oxygen icons and new way to organize windows. We are eager to reach final but we'll keep waiting.
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Saturday, June 26, 2010
- Installing Ubuntu from a livecd if you have your CD.
- Install Ubuntu from USB if you have no CD drive.
- Install with unetbooting
- Install from windows
- Install from another linux installed
- Installing from diskettes, from internet
- Download Ubuntu.
- Download Unetbooting.
- Install and start unetbooting.
- In program we choose as a source ISO image of Ubuntu
- We chose as destination drive where you want to install linux and give it to agree to begin installing
- Then restart PC and you should have it running.
Friday, June 25, 2010
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bean123ch/burg
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install burg burg-themes
- sudo burg-install "(hd0)"
- sudo update-burg
From another pc did research and we found a solution that revived knetworkmanager and gave us much desired tipeamos internet connection at a terminal following:
sudo rm NetworkManager.state
sudo service network-manager sta
Given competition involving Apple's iPhone and handsets based on Android, Google, this is a bold move for Nokia to lower cost price of their phones and increase sales.
Nokia's commitment to Symbian ends with N800, from there will come with Meego.
It is known that version 1.0 supports ARM-based N900, but development APIs to support multitouch, time on web and additional support for QT, are still in progress.
Meego is a open source Linux project, led by Intel and Nokia.
Integrates experience and skills of two significant development ecosystems, versed in communications and computer technology.
Meego project believes that these two pillars form technical foundation for next generation platforms and applications in mobile device space platforms.
Symbian devices will be used in low-end Nokia, as well as Samsung and Sony Ericson.
It is thought that launch of N series Meego will be on this month, but still not confirmed.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
The images posted on Wiki concept to show renewed Mozilla Firefox 4.0 interface, with tab bar visible relocated to a position that reminds me a lot to Chrome, integrated with new issues of GNOME desktop in Ubuntu 10.04, but also a popular addition Clearlooks themes and Equinox.
These changes are almost certainly one of most radical of all history Firefox (as it is distributed by Mozilla) and go to modernize it at very moment that some were already wondering if Chrome ultimately threaten their long reign in Linux.
'Today, the company has found investors who decided to invest in company to return group to find a good balance and economic model. ... The concerns of community and users no longer have reason to be. "
Nothing more is known about who or who may be those angels investors, but also Linagora, which last week even said what his plan to restore to Mandriva, it also follows by referring to English LightApp and now French company specializing Wallix security.
But despite this uncertainty, the new future of Mandriva it would finally secured, as it hastens to clarify Prevot:
"We were aware that existence of Mandriva was threatened, but this is no longer case."
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Actually installing Opera 10.6 is very simple but I make this post just to know him and try an alternative. Still in beta and there is an occasional bug but nothing serious nor very noticeable.
In Arch is easier because it is in AUR repository. They should only be done
- yaourt -S opera-beta
One of features that we appreciate in new version 3.6.4, is that when we are blocked by a plugin, we are not close all open tabs, recharged only page in question..Eso is welcome on especially when you have many windows open as I do and it's really a pain having to close everything, even then you have option to restore session.
Maemo 1.1 RC1 Firefox also has a good list of changes.
These are a few:
- Redesign of homepage (see screenshot below)
- Extension of automatic updates.
- Clicks intelligent support: automatic identification page links and button and zoom range, easy to handle with fingers.
- N900 support portrait.
- Context menu support page, enlarge for better readability on mobile phones.
- You can use volume keys to zoom control in N900 page.
- Support save as PDF.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
- Multimedia Player readiness to support high-definition video, which added feature decoder by GPU on Vista platform and Windows 7 and GNU / Linux. As well as added support for several new encodings such as translation of Blu-Ray and VP8
- Decoder is faster by 40% in high quality movies.
Monday, June 21, 2010
There is a simple idea to upload your files on two sites at same time and without any interference from you
Leave folder to synchronize your files ( to your ubuntu one ) without change, and when you install dropbox Mark name is same as name of folder to your ubuntu one
Can not find any explanation about radical change, but Shawn Hardin, Flock CEO, said in his blog that new version of its browser and is "incredibly fast" and first addition of Chrome, to be built on Chromium project work. Flock 3 Beta also change your default search engine by Google and, not least, should be compatible with most of growing collection of extensions for Chrome.
Flock is another high profile project rather than to leave Chromium Firefox: Previously I had done Jolicloud, the increasingly attractive netbooks optimized distribution based on Debian and Ubuntu. A trend that will continue in future?
Sunday, June 20, 2010
- Type of system: GNU / Linux
- License: open source (free).
- License Type: GPL in most programs.
- Technical Support: Free, submitted by community interested in this distribution.
- Security support Free: 12 +1 month for each version.
- Download: Free from here.
- version tested: 13 (released on 05/25/2010)
- New version: after every six 6 months.
- The quality of use: suitable for office use.
- Package Manager: RPM
- Distribution Mother: descended from one distribution Red Hat.
- Branching distributions of Fedora: menu here.
- Desktop interface used: Gnome (Gnome 2.30) and KDE (KDE 4.4)
- Hardware requirements: Pentium 4 and above; 512MB of memory or more; 10GB of disk space.
- Automatic installation of definitions of printers, and improve quality of color printing thanks to property ( conduct of colors).
- Minor improvements to level of interface and include program office for conduct of Shotwell images, Pino program to connect through social service Identi.ca, Twitter, in addition to Deja-dup to save backup copies of your files.
- version of a new Manager of networking (NetworkManager), which carries with it many improvements to facilitate linking process and setup with possibility of interaction with orders issued from command line to facilitate setting for managers of networks and programmers.
- Improve link with recent versions for iPhone and iPod and sync with music library of program Rhythmbox.
- Reformulation of conduct of Director user accounts for increase in its characteristics and capabilities.
- Include definition of new Nouveau nVidia card offer and provide full support for DisplayPort link your screens to include all cards, Intel, ATI and nVidia.