Sunday, October 10, 2010

Get higher screen resolution with NVIDIA drivers in Ubuntu


This is a problem I have with my PC, Ubuntu and Nvidia drivers after every installation I do a new version of Ubuntu.

My desktop PC has an integrated graphics card Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, the problem arises after Nvidia drivers installed, and I can not get a higher resolution than 1024×768, someone will say it is a resolution so low but for me that I get to use 1280×1024 if it is.

Than any mortal ? Would be to go directly to nvidia-settings and from there change the resolution, the problem is that we allowed to change the resolution but want to record, returns this error.
  • Failed to parse existing X config file '/etc/X11/xorg.conf'!
We solve it as follows, after installing Nvidia drivers have to run the following command:
  • sudo nvidia-xconfig
This command modifies the /etc/X11/xorg.conf for nvidia-settings and change it to read it, now you can change your screen resolution from nvidia-settings
  • sudo nvidia-settings
If this article was useful and you want to help us to grow Subscribing to our feed or Click "Like" in our Facebook page ,or follow us via Twitter or subscribing to our feed.

People who read this post also read :



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More